Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Three Things

Hi,

I know I’ve been negligent with this blog recently. I’ve been sick this past week and a half with a nasty virus which I think it’s behind me now. At least I sure hope so.

This is going to be short as there were just three things I wanted to say:

1. Happy St. Patrick’s Day. It’s funny – well, not exactly funny, sad, really – how many people celebrate holidays that have a Christian origin without even giving a thought to what’s behind it. Patrick was a real man of God, though, it seems, and he suffered a lot for the gospel. I believe I have some Irish in me somewhere. But even apart from that the spread of the gospel is always an amazing and wonderful thing and definitely a reason for celebration.

2. I owe an apology for my last post. It was supposed to be only humorous. It wasn’t my intention to sound ungrateful or griping but going back over it that’s certainly what it conveys.

3. I wanted to ask prayer for someone close to me who I care a great deal about. He’s going through some major struggles in his life right now. This includes drinking too much. I’d like to ask prayer that he’ll turn back to the Lord and find his hope and comfort and especially grounding in Him.

Thanks so much and God bless!

Goodnight,
Jason

No comments: